Virtual and Mixed Reality play a very important role in the process of a companies digital transformation. The use of these technologies allows businesses to improve production, training and sales processes. In addition to this, it adds an innovative image to the company, which has become key in recent years if companies want to come out on top against competition. These are the most frequent applications:
- Training. There are many areas of activity in which the training of workers can often be very expensive. By developing Mixed Reality applications, employees can access the content they need with only glasses, without the hassle of other infrastructures. With Millennials now forming a large part of the workforce, it´s important to stay ahead of the game and offer new and engaging ways to grow and learn at work. VR provides businesses with an innovative competetive advantage and allows them to stand out from the crowd when they are trying to attract employees.
- Retail. Increasingly more shops are opting for Virtual Reality to improve users buying experience by offering them a completely immersive environment. This brings the in-store experience to life by bringing your store and products to their home. Customers can now see how their products would look like in their surroundings allowing them to plan and design their living space. Showing consumers what a sofa would look like in their house or if they like pieces of clothing without having to try them on increases the buying chances and facilitates customer loyalty for future needs. VR provides customers with a better visualization of products and makes their life easier, whats not to like?
- Industries. The design of prototypes in Virtual Reality in B2B services helps companies to connect with their potential customers more easily, showing their proposals in a totally different way without the need to present models or reports and differentiating themselves from the rest of participating companies and competitors.
- Tourism. Did you ever think it would be possible to offer a client a product before buying it? Well, thats what this type of technology can offer the tourism industry where users have the opportunity to see what country they are going to visit next or the dish they are going to try even before they have decided. Using VR within tourism provides a lasting impression to customers. It offers them the chance to interact with a location in a way that was never possible before. They can see where they are going and what they can expect to see. Companies can offer clients an experience that in ´real life´ is imposible to do. It literally brings experiences to life.
- New companies. Virtual Reality has made it possible to create businesses that until very recently were unimaginable. Game rooms, virtual escape rooms, 3D cinemas … Gaming is becoming more inversive, more realistic and just better in general. The world of entertainment is experiencing an authentic technological revolution with the arrival of these applications. VR is bringing the unthinkable to life.
Undoubtedly, the greatest challenge offered by this technology is everything that remains to be discovered about it. And at Brintia the search continues as we continue to look for innovative solutions! Check out our blog and website to see what we´re up to..
Written by: Brintias Team